Today is L’Chaim v’Yayin’s first Birthday and we’re celebrating all month!!
- This Sunday, June 7th: A Taste of Israel at Ah love Oil & Vinegar in Fairfax. Sample Jewish food with modern twists, international flavors, Jewish food cookbooks, and tastes for holidays and occasions. (*Food will not be prepared in a kosher kitchen, but will be entirely vegetarian.)
- Next Friday, June 12th: Return Again to Shabbat at Adas Israel. Join us for a reflective journey into the power of Shabbat. Featuring seasoned musicians and a spiritual, ecstatic excursion into prayer & song. Followed by a festive Israeli tapas-style feast:
- Friday, June 19th: Kabbalat Shabbat and Potluck Dinner at Hill Havurah. We’ll gather at 7 pm in the Activity Room of Christ Our Shepherd Church at 801 North Carolina Ave SE to welcome the Sabbath with a musical, informal Kabbalat Shabbat service, followed by a dairy or veggie potluck dinner. We provide the salmon, salad, beverages and challah. You bring side dishes, family, friends and enjoy!
- Thursday, June 25th: Happy Hour at Pound Enjoy appetizers with wine and beer specials. Conveniently located at Eastern Market Metro (Orange/Blue)
621 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC
It’s been a great first year, Since last June L’Chaim v’Yayin has:
- Held Happy Hours around town
- A Wine Tasting on the Hill
- Participated in Shabbat Dinners around town
- Started a Torah study group
- Attended a Latke-palooza and Purim-palooza
- Celebrated Chinese food on Christmas
and, finally, we have reserved tickets to Jewish Community Day at Nat’s Park
Thanks for making it such a toast-able year!